I know I am a little late, but honestly I don’t start my new year resolutions until after my birthday on the 5th. Why deprive myself of cake and celebration!?! I made it another year and, dang it, I earned that slice of cake!
So my new year starts when winter break is over and normal life resumes. Well as close to normal as this bunch can get.
I have thought about my new year’s resolution for sometime now. Months actually! I feel like 2014 was my year to find myself. I found out that I have a passion for homesteading that I never knew was there. And not only homesteading, but natural living, without all the chemicals and medications. I like being able to keep my family healthy without the use of antibiotics or over the counter drugs. I like cooking from scratch and knowing what is going into my food and that the items are of the best quality that I can find.
But there were many areas that I floundered at. I don’t want to say fail because that is so negative. I feel like I never failed. I may not have put my best effort in to them, but I never failed, so floundered is the perfect description.
So here they are my resolutions:
- Learn more and love life~ Enjoy it, every minute! I noticed my anxiety has flared up a little bit and I want to get a handle on it better so I can accomplish this task. Just get healthier in general. I see too many family members fighting different diseases and I don’t want that. I wanna be around for a long, long time.
- Expand our homesteading. I would love to get where we can raise our own meat and add some more egg layers to our little flock. Ducks are coming only because they are so cute!
- Separate myself from the negativity. Too many times I let other people’s life choices stress me out and worry me. Yes, they are my family and I love them, but they are not my immediate (in my household) family and those are the ones that need my guidance and attention. So I am going to learn to Let it go! (cue Frozen song here)
- Blog more and interact with more bloggers. Expand this and possibly make a business that will thrive and I can be extremely proud of.
- Spend more time with my kids. This year my oldest is turning 18!!! How did that happen I have no idea?!? But I feel like I blinked and her childhood was gone. So I am using that as an eye opener and cherishing every moment I have left with them all.
To help me with these, I will probably set little mini goals each month. I seem to do well with a to do list type thing. Sometimes I get so busy with just the everyday stuff that I look up and a whole month has gone by. I would like to try to slow down a bit and that is my overall theme of the year.
Slow down and enjoy being me!
Growing a large family 3 year blogiversary
It was 3 years ago today that I decided to start a blog. A place where I can vent and connect with the world. I also did many searches for large family blogs and couldn’t find any. So I decided that that was the direction I wanted to go. Over the years it has morphed into an eclectic collection of moments in our lives from homeschooling to homesteading. I try to keep it real, but classy and positive at the same time. I hope I have provided some humor along with some ideas and tips to help with your lives. All I ask is that you spread the word.
Now let’s take a look back at my top post over the last 3 years.
First Day of School 2013
Homemade Pizza Dough
Building our Coop de Ville
My Favorite Post:
I’m Southern and I can’t bake biscuits
This is my favorite post because I always ask myself why can’t I make biscuits. I grew up watching Grandma make them. I have tackled some pretty difficult recipes and have honestly impressed the heck out of myself sometimes. But biscuits are my Achilles heel! UPDATE: I still haven’t found and made a good biscuit yet!
Selfie! OH wait am I too close!
Theses are the post that sum me up as a person. These post show who I am perfectly.
Our Frugal Disney Vacation
City Girl living a Country life
Check in with my flock
Let me know your favorite post and what you would like to see more of.
One of my new years resolutions for 2014 was to get more followers. I really want make my blog into some great. So as part of that expansion I am connecting with you on all social media outlets.
Follow me on:
Oh how I have looked forward to you! So many things are going to happen this year.
My hubby turns 40. We celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We have been together 12 years. Our children will turn 17, 15, 15 and 5.
But other than that I look forward to the life I am ready to live. I have spent way too much time putting things off and now I am going to do it!
I am looking forward to blogging more because I feel like I have finally found something I love.
I am determine to take photography classes to go along with that fancy camera I got so many months ago.
I want to homeschool in a way that I see my kids love learning and flourish.
I want to get and feel healthy. I am tired of being tired and not feeling like a 32 year old.
Also I want to grow our family!
But mostly I just want to be present in my kids lives and live like it’s our last moment on Earth. As you know I have fought depression in the past and though I did good this last year, I feel like in the new year I can be even better. And after a health scare with my son, it just jump started that feel to make the most of what you are given.
So I hope all of you the best in 2014. I hope you reach your goals and I hope you will follow me on this crazy journey I call life.