A few months back I took the kids strawberry picking. This is an activity we do every year when the U-pick em’s open up. While we were picking Dakota was listing all the things we could make with our strawberries. Then I hear, “Momma, I want a strawberry pie. Can you make a strawberry pie?” So of course I say yes, because I can’t say no to him. And there began our strawberry pie challenge.
When I am making something new, I usually read several recipes and then mix and mingle them together to accommodate it to my family’s taste or to my pantry supply.
The original recipe is from 2006 Taste of Home Annual Recipes, but this is my version of it.
Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 pre-made pie crust, frozen or refrigerated. I used the refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust.
1 package of cream cheese, softened
2 tbs sugar
1 tbs milk
Fresh strawberries about a quart, sliced
1 container Sugar free Strawberry Glaze, my kids grabbed the sugar free when I sent them to get it. I couldn’t tell the difference.
1)Preheat oven to 450
2) Unroll your pie crust and place in your pan. Trim edge and flute. Line unpricked crust with heavy duty foil.
3) Bake for 8 minutes, remove foil and bake 7 minutes longer. Cool completely.
4) Beat cream cheese, sugar and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
5) Spread over the crust and arrange strawberries on top.
6) Spread Strawberry Glaze over the top and chill until serving.