The holidays are here along with the hustle and bustle. This time of year always throws off our homeschooling schedule. I just have way too much cooking and shopping to do. Along with all the fun holiday activities! There is visiting Santa, Christmas crafts and baking, visiting fun holiday places and watching all those movies. So why not make that a part of homeschooling. I know I learn something new every year, so I am sure your kids will too. Plus your kids are only young once and you want to enjoy these little memories before their too big and too cool to hang with you. Believe me! I know!
Activities planned for the month:
- Elf on the shelf
- Putting up our tree
- Visiting Santa
- Mailing a letter to Santa
- Baking Cookies
- Pinecone Painting
- G is for Gingerbread~ Gingerbread paint, making gingerbread men or house
- Learn about reindeers
- National Cocoa Day~ measuring and mixing (that’s math people!)
- Grinch day~ Learn about kindness. Pin the heart on the Grinch and grinch juice as a snack. Plus watching old and new version of the movie.
- Candy Canes~ Cane Hunt, Playdough, Paint and erupting Candy canes
- Polar Express PJ Party
- 1st day of Winter
- Snowball Fight and Homemade Snow Fun
- Advent Calendar
- Walt Disney’s B-day December 5
- New Year’s Eve
Field Trips planned:
- Disney World~ At Hollywood Studios, they have an amazing light display called the Osbourne Family Lights. It is the best display I have ever seen. And, of course, the lighting of the castle at Magic Kingdom. This year Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf are lighting the tree. Very exciting!
- Florida Aquarium
- Lowry Park Zoo
- Lowes for the monthly building activity
- Looking at Christmas lights
Because it’s a busy month, I haven’t planned out everyday. I just made a list and when I need an idea I search through and grab the ones that appeal to me that day.
For more ideas visit my pinterest boards. Christmas Activities for school and December preschool lessons
I also have a Christmas board that has a lot of Elf on the Shelf ideas and Advent Calendar activities.